Making the switch to the Macbook White

Reaction score
I have been using a Dell Inspiron E1505. It has been working well, but I am hoping to get a new laptop. I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Macbook White. The only complaint I hear is about how the edges are especially sharp. Some of my colleagues have suggested that if I were to get a Macbook White, I should also invest in something called the Marware Protection Pack. Does that help with the problems about the sharp edges?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
'Sharp' is a little harsh. The perimeter edges of the casing around the keyboard basically have a 90 degree angle. That's a description of the edge of the keyboard--not a complaint. It's a non-issue. Your not going to cut yourself on them, and it's not a reason to stay away from a remarkable machine.

OP
W
Reaction score
Ok, but do you think getting the Marware Protection Pack would be a good idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Wayne, no. There aren't any sharp edges on a Macbook. That is a silly idea. Don't spend money on something you don't need. ;P

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Sure. It keeps the plastics from getting worn, as well as pads the wrist wrest area.

My only advice would be to take a look at the Aluminum MacBook. The middle of the line model is only a couple hundred more, but a far more capable machine (aside from the lack of Firewire). I'd suggest you find your local Apple Store and schedule an appointment with a personal shopper. They should be able to help you with all the different models, and if you bring your Dell along, they can even transfer all of your stuff over from it.

Also...

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

I never heard of it until you mentioned it. If you want a padded wrist pad, go for it, but I don't think you need it to correct a 'problem' with the MB design.

I would get the MB, and if it bothers you, then try a product like this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.