Celestron Microscope

Reaction score
I've already got a query to Celestron, but thought I would ask here too. Does anyone know if the Celestron 44320 Digital Microscope will run on an iMac? OSX lots of everything.

OP
R
Reaction score
Well, I already got an answer from Celestron (whoda thunk?) It IS compatible with iMac. Yeah!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Enjoy your microscope. :)

Reaction score
Well, I already got an answer from Celestron (whoda thunk?) It IS compatible with iMac. Yeah!!

My son got this same microscope for Christmas...can you tell me what Celestron said? We plugged the USB camera into my son's intel Macbook, and nothing happens.

Is there a driver or some other software that must be installed first (be a little gentle, I'm a 98% PC user and 2% Mac user <g>, though I'm trying to fix that)?

I came across this $15 software that looks interesting, but of course I'd rather not have to buy it if we don't have to:

miXscope - Mac Microscope Software

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If it works, it'll have to be without drivers for the digital camera.
On their site, they only have drivers for Windows.
And the user manual only lists Windows.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.