anyone know how to make .ram files on os x?

A

anchovio

im trying to offer streaming audio from my website in the form of .ram files.. im trying to convert .mp3s or .aifs to the .ram format but havent been able to find any program that does it. cleaner 6 tells me that i need to have os 9 to convert files to realaudio format. does anyone know any other options? at wits end here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
discreet cleaner 6 is the only way Ive ever known. it shouldnt need os 9.

OP
A

anchovio

Macman said:
discreet cleaner 6 is the only way Ive ever known. it shouldnt need os 9.

strange... cleaner seems to work with every other file format, but when trying to convert an .mp3 to a .ram, the option grays out and tells me i need os 9. tried running in classic, no dice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
maybe try using another app to convert it to an aiff or other format, then try that in cleaner.

OP
A

anchovio

Macman said:
maybe try using another app to convert it to an aiff or other format, then try that in cleaner.

got it. i can now create .ram files... now heres another big question. it asks me to refer to my realvideo server... rtsp://..... what is that exactly? i basically need to host streaming audio files on my website, and ive no experience with rtsp, not even quite sure what it is... if anyone can shed light on this subject, itd be of great use to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.