Running Windows Quicken on Fusion

Reaction score
I'm switching from WinXP to a new MBP. I loaded Windows Quicken 2007 on VMWare Fusion on the Macbook. I transferred the the .qdf file over from my Windows machine, but Quicken on Fusion cannot open the file. Has anyone had this problem?

I did not register the Fusion install of Quicken; don't know if that matters. Quicken does start up properly, but reports "Error Opening File" message when I attempt to open the .qdf file. I'm wondering if it's a OSX/WinXP translation issue.

Do I have to transfer the data in .qif format? Does Windows Quicken data transfer between WinXP and Mac go smoothly for everyone else?

Mark

tob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x MacMINIs, 1 MBPro - 17-inch
Hi,

I just spent a full day in the throes of QDF QIF 2007 MAC and PC ...

The shortest answer is to "export" your Quicken Data from the PC to a file type that your MAC version will IMPORT. (Which *mat be* QIF.)

tob

tob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x MacMINIs, 1 MBPro - 17-inch
And by the by.... I run Fusion as well and it runs EVERYTHING just as well (ha!) as it ever did on my PCs... so its *not* the OS.

OP
U
Reaction score
If it's true that you have to export... and it looks to me like you do... it seems funny that no one ever mentions this. Kind of an important step in the switch process!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mbp 2.4GHz, 2GB ram 15.4
You did not mention whether you installed WinXP in Fusion. I installed XP in boot camp along with Quicken 2007, but am running them via Fusion. I copied my Quicken files to the boot camp drive and opened them OK. You may have to select to "restore" a file - instead of just opening it. I also got a Vista PC at the same time as this Mac. I first tried to install QX07 in Vista and had lots of problems, corrupted files etc. So I can't remember for sure whether I used "restore" on the Mac or not.

OP
U
Reaction score
Yes, XP is running in Fusion. I did attempt a "restore" at one point with no luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.