Third Party Memory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17"
From one Mac newbie to others:

Before you buy additional RAM from Apple...I ordered an extra 256MB from Apple when I placed my order for my iMac. After I sent the order through I realized I should have checked other vendors first.

The 256 MB from Apple was $75. I went to the Crucial website and ordered a 512MB stick for $83 dollars.

They both showed up today, the return address on both packages was exactly the same, from Crucial in Idaho. The Apple RAM box was labeled as Apple memory but clearly it is coming from the same place.

F

falltime

Yup :/

Actually corsair is even cheaper the crucial, and it also works perfect in Macs... Several Apple Engineers have actually told me to use Corsair over Crucial (I'm assuming because its cheaper and just as good). I always use their sticks in my Macs. I have 4 512 sticks of Corsair RAM in my G5 right now.

Heres a link: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-479&depa=0 - works great in Mac Minis. Its called Value Select only because its not their XMS series, which is designed for Overclockers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.