Adding to a CD/r or RW

P

punterab

Hi, I am a recent Switcher and I am wondering something about writing CDs. I was using "finder" to make a cd rw cd. it worked great but I coudn't add files to it lateron. It wants you to format it again and you can only write to it in one session. I am used to being able to add files later on . Is this the same with CD rs as well?

Am I doing something wrong?????

OP
P

punterab

punterab said:
Hi, I am a recent Switcher and I am wondering something about writing CDs. I was using "finder" to make a cd rw cd. it worked great but I coudn't add files to it lateron. It wants you to format it again and you can only write to it in one session. I am used to being able to add files later on . Is this the same with CD rs as well?

Am I doing something wrong?????

Does anybody read these things???????

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
punterab said:
Does anybody read these things???????
Yes people do read these things. As of this time there were about twenty looks.

As for your problem. My guess is at the finder you can not make multi-session disks. I am not sure on this since I use Toast for all of my CD burning needs. I am in the process of loading Toast 6.

OP
A

Amadeus

Sorry, I've never EVER used multi-session discs. I haven't had the need for them. I'm sure somebody has done this before with a Mac though :)

OP
P

punterab

I'll try Toast

Thanks, I actually have toast and haven't had too much luck with multi sessions on that either. It is very useful for backup purposes when you want to add files to your "back up" disc.

I really hope to get this working, I can't believe it is not more common on the mac. For me it was an essential part of windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.