Basic iTunes podcast question

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I`m subscribed to an iTunes podcast and a couple of the early shows were incompletely downloaded onto my hard drive (poor internet connection at the time). I don`t see any option for re-downloading those shows. I tried deleting one, then refreshed the podcast, but it didn`t re-appear after that. What`s the best thing to do?

Thanks everyone :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Next to the episode name you don't have a little icon that says "get"? It's there on mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If for some reason you can't see the get button »
In your podcasts section, click on the podcast name. Then click on the "Store Link", that is, the little grey arrow button pointing right. This will load up the podcast in the iTunes store. From there you can click on the get episode button to redownload it.

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I`m subscribed to an iTunes podcast and a couple of the early shows were incompletely downloaded onto my hard drive (poor internet connection at the time). I don`t see any option for re-downloading those shows. I tried deleting one, then refreshed the podcast, but it didn`t re-appear after that. What`s the best thing to do?

Thanks everyone :)

Are you saying that the podcast did not re-appear on the listing at iTunes? If so then it could be that the podcaster has taken it off his listings. I do this after a length of time so that you don't have to sort through 209 past podcasts.

You might try emailing the podcaster and see if they keep an archive of past podcasts that you could access like i do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The same thing happens if you delete a show: iTunes remembers this and won't show it even when you click update.

Just unsubscribe and then resubscribe to get a refreshed list of all shows.

OP
R
Reaction score
The same thing happens if you delete a show: iTunes remembers this and won't show it even when you click update.

Just unsubscribe and then resubscribe to get a refreshed list of all shows.

Thanks, Aptmunich. That worked fine!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.