• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD to IPOD... please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I would like to know what is the best way to copy couple of my dvd's in to my ipod so I can connect that to my dvd system in my car for the kids. I need this because I am driving long distance and it is a hassle to change dvds. I have to stop to adjust or change the movies. I own all my movies. I paid them once so I am NOT looking to make illegal copies by any means. This is for personal use only as well. Please help to figure the best way to copy or rip dvds some are pre-watched from a video store. i would like to copy them in to my ipod. Thank you

OP
O
Reaction score
correction....

Just saw the moderators comment regarding coping dvds. I saw that after I post this thread.
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.