Oh The Irony!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Ok, take a look at this listing on eBay of the TiBook I won:

1Ghz Powerbook TI (used) - eBay (item 130261484721 end time Oct-15-08 19:20:36 PDT)

You look at it and you're thinking to yourself..."Eh that's not a bad buy even if it needs new hinges...", Right??

Well it took two weeks for the guy to ship the TiBook out. In fact, he "disappeared" for a week...So I had to file a claim with paypal...Anyways...I get it today expecting the thing is going to be a heap of garbage, and why wouldn't I? The guy seemed like a total sketchball when I won this and paid for it so why would I expect a nice looking laptop??

WRONG.
This thing is freakin' mint.
Not as mint as the 400MHz TiBook I just sold, but darn close...If there weren't any scratches on the outer case, it'd be right there with it...I mean this thing looks like I could re-sell it on eBay for $500 easy. (Even though I wont.)
I was expecting a busted hinge and stuff....Ummm...Nope? I don't know where this guy is saying "Sometimes when you move the screen, it can be distorted." ...I've been on it for 4 hours now screwing around with the screen and it hasn't done anything of the like.
He said the battery doesn't last long...only 45 mins topps...The battery has a cycle count of 62 and when I unplug it, it says there's about 4 hours of battery life.
Was this guy on drugs when he listed it on eBay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Maybe he had two and sent you the wrong one? If that were the case, you totally lucked out

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Well the hard drive seems to sporatically "click"...I figured it couldn't hurt to ask the seller for a $50 partial refund...Never know if he'll refund the money or not lol...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
You seem to have lucked out on the hinge issue. I wouldn't ask for a refund....that might be pushing it too far ;)

No but really you can just buy a new HD from newegg

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow who's that chick that's on your avatar? She's hot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That would be Adriana Lima. Surprised you don't recognize her, she's like the hottest thing to come out of Brazil ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.