No Sound on Bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
Ive just installed XP on bootcamp, however I cant seem to get the sound working. I dont have the bootcamp disk, but ive tried installing the realtek sound driver software, to no avail. After installing the realtek driver, the unknown audio hardware in device manager became a known piece of hardware (with drivers), but the sound still doesn't work.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
After you finish installing Windows via Boot Camp, the final step in the process is to pop your Leopard (System Disc 1) into the drive whilst running Windows. This will start the installation of the needed drivers.

OP
hojkoff_101
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
I don't have the Leopard disc at the moment. Is there anywhere on the internet where I can download the drivers?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I don't have the Leopard disc at the moment. Is there anywhere on the internet where I can download the drivers?

I believe you can get the Boot Camp 2.1 update from Apple's site, but the original install might be a prerequisite.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.