So I just purchased two older imacs.

Reaction score
Last problem. Now I've gotten everything set up at my brothers, but I messed up his pc's router I could use it with the mac I'm guessing. If just unplugged and moved what more do I need to make his linksys router to work??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Last problem. Now I've gotten everything set up at my brothers, but I messed up his pc's router I could use it with the mac I'm guessing. If just unplugged and moved what more do I need to make his linksys router to work??

Ethernet cables hooked up right?

OP
D
Reaction score
They certainly appear to be internet cable to internet jack on linksys and port one to the ethernet plug on my brothers computer.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Moved: Please make sure you are posting threads in the correct forums.

OP
D
Reaction score
I am having some trouble with my g4 imac

I just got an old g4 imac well two actually. One is great but I am trying to upload tiger onto the other imac and I am having some trouble. When I did the system restore and the original os x install it read disks and startedup fine, however, now that I am trying to install tiger it won't read disks. I retried the restore discs and they won't work at all. This is strange because blank cd's along with dvd's both seem to work. What could the cause of this problem be?? How do I solve it. Can someone please help me.

OP
D
Reaction score
I just noticed it will read the other discs but there is a huge delay. It takes a couple of minutes or a minute at least to read the disc I put in is this a disc drive error?? Is there any way to redo an install other than restarting and holding c??

OP
D
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to install an os without the use of cd's?

Is there anyway I can use os x tiger installation from the files I have one disc either throught the computer itself a flash drive or my macbook??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can't use the Tiger set from your MacBook because of the difference in hardware and plus it would be in violation of the EULA. You can either purchase a generic install Tiger set from eBay or one of the many on line resellers. You can always buy the original install set from Apple.

Some folks have claimed they installed the OS from an image (dmg, iso, etc.) but I have never tried it nor do I know for sure that it will work.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
If you have a FireWire cable, you can connect the 2 iMacs. When you go to install with Tiger from the iMac that is working, you can choose the destination.
It seems you have a problem with the optical drive. That will bypass that problem.

OP
D
Reaction score
Anyone know what I can do to fix this problem.

So here is the problem. I have an old imac well two and they are exactly the same. I just purchases os x tiger and I was able to install it on one computer. However it will not allow me to install it on the other for some reason everytime I try it doesn't work. The first computer took it no problem. I think my main trouble is that the disc drive on the imac I am working with now seems to be slow. It won't load the disk very well. WHat can I do. Is there anyway to use a flashdrive or another imac of the same model or m macbook as a cd rom drive and install it onto the other computer??

OP
D
Reaction score
THis question pertains to two different os x's

I was trying to put tiger on my old swivel screen imac. However, it was not working. I went in to do a system restore back to the original os x 10.1.5 Long story short the system restore got screwed up and now it won't retake the restore disk or restart the system. It gets as far as the loading screen then it says something about debugger connection. Please Help me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What color are those tiger disks, are they grey colored?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Grey disks are restore disks for one make/model of mac so are very hardware specific. You will need to find retail copies of tiger (typically black with a big X) to install on any mac that supports tiger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.