Yey I'm a Convert

P

proudlywelsh83

Hi All

Well what an amazing day.

Having ordered my G5 Imac on the 4th January and been told that the estimated date of shipment was yesturday, but has now been delayed till the 27th my heart sank, a phonecall around the apple resellers in the uk and I came across Jigsaw24.com.

Not one for praising companies anyone wanting to make a purchase without fuss, sales pitch and true to their word delivery times choose them. I cancelled my order with apple at 4:00 on FRiday placed the new order with Jigsaw24.com and it was delivered this morning at 8:00. :cool:

Having used windows for around 13 years, both maintaing servers and workstations I am now a true convert to my new G5 Imac, even though my current job is still supporting Windows servers I can now go home away from it all sit at my Mac listen to my CD collection on Itunes and quickly convert RAW images from my DSLR without the frequent crashing and speed issues, truely amazing.

Its so quiet too.

Once you've used a Mac u'll never go back, I can now see why!!!!

OP
M

meltbanana314

Welcome. We knew we could hook you in, sooner or later. :mac:

Enjoy your new Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
congratulations, and welcome, enjoy your mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
)(* said:
an apple a day keeps the doctor away
this includes viruses;)

OP
S

SpliceDWDM

Got a question about viruses actually...

Macman said:
this includes viruses;)

I've seen the "idea" floating around the forums, that a Mac does not require virus protection...considering I didn't purchase the .Mac package with my Mac Mini (which includes McAfee Virex apparently), should I be concerned?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
no need to be concerned about viruses, spyware, or adware, unless your mac is networked with other pcs.

OP
D

Desolate One

Macman said:
no need to be concerned about viruses, spyware, or adware, unless your mac is networked with other pcs.

Only that you'll help spread the virus to other PCs. Your mac wont be effected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.