PDF files and permission issues on OS-X

Reaction score
Hopefully for my second post a more specific issue

I have had absolutely no problem copying across any file type from my PC to my Macbook with the exception of PDF's that I have created on my own PC. I get an error message saying that I do not have the necessary permission to proceed and the transfer fails

Every other PDF I have on my PC transfers across no problem at all. Its only those I have created.

Is this an issue anyone else has had before and any clues as to how to resolve it?

Cheers

Bob

OP
B
Reaction score
Just keeping this one at the top of the pile in case anyone has any bright ideas to offer.

Cheers

Bob

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It might be the way you're creating the PDFs. Are you using Adobe Distiller or some other program? It may be that you're creating the PDFs with locked permissions. Most good PDF creation software will allow locking as an option.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.