Boot Camp Help

Reaction score
Hey,

Going to load windows on my new aluminium 2.4ghz macbook.

2 quick questions.

1. Does anyone have a good tutorial to use?

2. Should I put XP or VISTA on it? The only reason I am running windows along side is to have the ability to play games.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
1. Bootcamp Installation Guide
2. I guess it's personal preference. I use XP through VMware Fusion for a few Windows apps I still need to use and for Web testing. I installed the Vista Beta through Bootcamp back in the day and didn't get on with it that well... It was a beta though...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As stated, see the Boot Camp guide for instructions. As to which version of Windows to install, I would probably opt for Vista Home Premium since you have the new MacBook with nVidia graphics. Although Vista takes up more space and resources, newer games require the very best in graphics and speed. It's a trade off. Also, nVidia drivers are more up to date for Vista than XP.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.