New guy to macs...

Reaction score
...where do I start?

I have worked on pc's since 1996 and currently work in IT. Until recently I haven't had much exsposure to macs. My current gf has a G5 so I figured it was time I start learning about them. She wanted to connect to my wireless router so I found a cheap airport card on ebay. Worked like a charm. Install/reboot/configure security settings. So where can I learn about troubleshooting, upgrading, and repairing macs? I am tempted to buy a used one on ebay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Go ahead and buy one and learn as you go. While I no doubt think you can get mac training, many mac experts have just fallen in to the role.

You can get mac authorised qualifications tho.

Welcome to the forum as well, you will find this a goldmine of helpful info whenever you have any questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
The IT community needs more MAC guys, I have worked for many companys where I am the only mac user and you see the IT guys stumble... sad but true

get Mac certified and you will see how many doors open for you, im tempted to certify myself

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
im a windows 2003 server admin, got sucked into the job, occasionally i wish i had an OSX server, but i feel at ease when i come home and jump on my mac. never issues, no blue screens of death. NEVER AN ISSUE. unlike winblows....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.