Very slow DSL in my MacBook,not on windows,help!!

Reaction score
i just bought my new macbook,the ltest gray one,everything runs good except internet speed,i have DSL extreme 6.0 from ATT wich is the fastest,i thought it was the modem,i replaced it,then is still the same,they sent a technician to check and when he ran the test was slow in my notebook,not in his or my Sony vio,so the problem is on my MacBook,this guy doesnt know anything about Mac so he couldnt help on any internet configuration,he told me to go to the store and check,but what can it be wrong in a new Mac,i think this is something related to my internet configuration,but i cant find it,the speed im getting is dsl lite 317.7 kbps-download speed and 63.2 kpbs-upload speed
This is really annoying and i dont think is my comp,so any help will be appreciate it before i go to the store and look like a moron if i can fix it with any help from you guys,thanks.

OP
S
Reaction score
DSL runs slow on my MacBook

I recently bought my MacBook,i have another windows laptop and runs excellent through ethernet cable,when i run the test on my windows it goes the right speed which is dsl extreme 6.0 from att,in my mac its a different story the test is really low,download and upload are almost dial up,is there any configuration in networts that i need to update or check,its driving me nuts,i already had a technician in my house and said that is my mac cause in his laptop my modem was running good and i saw it.
Please guys,help!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which way are you connecting the MacBook to the net? Thru ethernet cable or Airport wireless? Either way, your MacBook should give you the same speeds as the Windows machine. Sound like you have something configured wrong in network preferences or in the router. Post back.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please don't post the same question twice. See my response to you in the Apple Notebooks forum.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Which way are you connecting the MacBook to the net? Thru ethernet cable or Airport wireless? Either way, your MacBook should give you the same speeds as the Windows machine. Sound like you have something configured wrong in network preferences or in the router. Post back.

Regards.
im connecting through ethernet,and i went to a friend house and its the same prob,he got dsl but my comp goes slow,i dont know whats wrong since i havent touched anything in network preference,what i gonna do it take it back to the store

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.