• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

MacGuard may be Malware - Warning!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz 250G HD 4G RAM-iBook G4 14" 1.42Ghz 1.5G RAM-iPod Nano 4G-iPod Classic 120G
Sounds realistic, this thing has been going on for years with windows systems, i havent bought antivirus protection ever and ive been using this ibook for almost 3 years.
People need to be educated about what they're doing on the Internet, what they purchase/download/subscribe to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
THe social engineering way of fooling people seems to be on the up according to various news reports I have seen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Interesting.

And yes, I agree with you burnsy-boy, if people are educated about what they are doing, then they will most likely be fine. I know plenty of people on Windows that don't use anti-virus and have been fine for the most part. But then again, the also Ghost their drives and reformat every month (crazy gamers! lol).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.