Screen Saver or put display to sleep?

Reaction score
Not sure if its the right sub-forum but here it goes.

Right now i have disabled the screen saver and set up the display to sleep after 5 minutes of no use.

I'm not really a fan of screen savers thats why i rarely used them, but what's best for my display? to be turning on and off every now and then or to have a screen saver running for a longer periods of time?

Hope i made myself clear. And its not about commodity, just wondering for the health of my shinny display :)

Reaction score
dude, i hate the time constrictions with screen savers.. but I love expose, I have it set so whenever I want a screen saver I just put my cursor in the bottom right corner and it activates it.. pro as **** ;).

Reaction score
It shouldn't be an issue if your screen keeps turning off. The purpose of screen savers is pretty irrelevant nowadays as screen technologies improve. Back then, when a screen remains stagnant and you change to another window, you would see a ghost of the previous window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.