Media Player for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
Hi, I bought a macbook today (not new - old "whitebook") 2GHz 1GB RAM. And have realised I really don't like iTunes. I would like a media player with a playlist pane like Windows Media Player 10/11. I tried the Mac version of WMP9 and really didn't like it. I don't know of any others. I am happy to pay a little, but obviously would prefer not to!

All help is grately apprectiated,
Thank you,

Stef Andrews

PS, is there anyway of setting a key combo up as a Home/End/Delete key... I am finding that I really miss them!

PPS: EDIT: I meant to put this in the Switchers Forum. If someone could either move it or let me know they feel it is better here that would be great. Apologies for putting this thread here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Have you tried VLC, it is reminiscent of WinAmp. That is my best suggestion as I have been removed from Windows for a very long time, and have no clue what Media Player 10 or 11 are like.

Just as a side note, I hated iTunes with a passion for the first 6 months I owned my MBP, now I actually like it. So it may grow on you, or it may not, just throwing it out there. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Occasionally I use Real Player. The equalizer with it is pretty sensitive so you can really fiddle with the frequencies.

As for your End-Home etc keys, buy yourself a cheap PC USB keyboard and hook it into your Macbook. Works a right treat, no drivers required, just one or two adjustments to make with the Modifier keys (Ctrl-Win-Alt = Ctrl-Command-Option).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.