Transferring iTunes music from PC --> Mac?

Reaction score
What's the easiest way to transfer my iTunes music from my old PC to my new MacBook? Is there a cable i can buy that can transfer these files?

Reaction score
The easiest way I've ever done is Trasnfer all the music onto the external hard drive, then transfer the music from that onto the macbook.

Reaction score
it might be easier to wipe the ipod clean of all the music (maybe by a factory restore and not allowing it to sync), put it in disk mode. copy and paste the original files to a recognizable folder on the ipod.
plug your ipod into the mac (without yet installing itunes) and cut and paste the files over. then start a new library and sync.

ive never done this myself. but its an option if you dont have an external hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
To transfer my music I simply used iTunes.

File -> Librarry -> Back Up To Disk. . .

When I did mine it only took a couple of DVD-R discs (which did music and tv shows).

It keeps all of your album art.

All of this is assuming that you have a dvd burner.

An alternate (and time consuming method I used when I first got my MacBook last year) was I just did a lot of cd burning and imported a lot of those (30+) and store bought cds (hundreds). It took a really really long time because for the burnt cds I had to re add in all of the titles, artists, album art, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.