• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Welcome back, Absolute Zero!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
I think if we can start threads to thank people like Macman, we can also have one to welcome back a longtime member like Abs...

So, welcome back Abs, discussions with you were always interesting, in one way or another. :cool:

PS: this is NOT meant in a sarcastic way... :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
you make it sound like a bad thing that those threads thanking me were made.
but I agree, zero has been here longer than me. and even when he was still the grinch, hed try to help how he could. I thought hed never come back, but welcome back zero. wonder why everyone always calls you abs, and I call you zero. I guess its the same, but abs sounds like abs, like on your stomach.
So welcome back!
PS: I have some really cool images to put in here for you, but photobucket is currently doing scheduled maintenance, so I cant.

OP
Avalon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Macman said:
you make it sound like a bad thing that those threads thanking me were made.

No no, absolutely not! People wanted to thank you, which is great and totally justified in my opinion. You've been a great help for lots of users...

I just wanted to properly welcome back Absolute Zero, in on own thread, that's all...because I think he deserves it, just as you deserve to be thanked (not sure if "thanked" is the correct form...sorry, i'm not English native :cool: )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I agree, he deserves to be welcomed back, and 'thanked' is correct.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
After being a long time lurker, I wondered what had happened to Abs, when I finally decided to sign up to the forums. But I read the reason why for the disappearance. Welcome back.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Well, go me, I rule. Thanks for the welcome, guys. I hope you all liked my little story that I wrote.

So yeah, I took a break from looking at forums for a while to try and concentrate on my offline life. There have been several family crises' lately, so I've been helping my family cope with the hardship. Thats possibly why I was so bitter (because of recent events, I have no idea what came over me. I guess I just turned antisocial from all the stress, ect).

So I took some time off to think and to help out, and now I'm ready to come back. And I won't be going to Windows, as my next purchase will be a 20" iMac G5 (hopefully). Whee.

Last time my hard drive died, Apple said something about giving me a HUGE discount (like, a 1.33 GHz PowerBook for maybe $200) if it broke down again. Now that its dying... maybe I can get a deal on an iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.