adding existing ipod/iphone to powerbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.16ghz intel core duo , 30gb ipod, 16 gb 3g iphone,PowerBook G4 1.67ghz 1Gb ram
Hi how is everyone doing? I am sorry if iam posting this in the wrong spot. Did a search did not turn up anything.
Question. i just got a powerbook, i have an ipod, and a iphone that would like to sync to it. The I's are currently synced to my Imac. When i plug the ipod in it gives me 2 options 1) transfer purchases. 2) sync and erase ipod. iam thinking the sync and erase will take my music off my ipod and put it on my PB. just not sure! and if i resync it with my imac again will i have to do the same.
Iphone i plugged it in not no sync warning but it download my pics off my phone.
Both items showup on PB when plugged in but stored device items are in grey and cannot be opened. i have authorized my PB.
please help thanks a ton guys. again sorry if iam in the wrong spot.. cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook, 16gb white iPhone 3G, 16gb iPod Touch, 4gb iPod Mini
For option #2 (sync and erase iPod), you are incorrect. It will take the music off your iPod, but it will NOT put it on your Powerbook. It will replace whatever is on your iPod with the music that is already on your Powerbook. Meaning if your Powerbook does not have any music on it...you will lose everything on your iPod and end up with no music on either device after the sync.

Reaction score
Get the program called senuti (If I remember correctly it's freeware) and you can drag and drop your music from your ipod onto the computer so you can resync onto your new computer. Not sure if it will work with the iphone but since it does with the ipod im sure it will.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.16ghz intel core duo , 30gb ipod, 16 gb 3g iphone,PowerBook G4 1.67ghz 1Gb ram
thanks guys.. i figured a lame way around it but it works for me.. cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.