Propellerhead Reason 3.0

Reaction score
I recently installed the iTunes 8.0.1 update, Digital Camera Raw Compatibility 2.2 update, and Security Update 1.0. Before then Reason 3.0 worked perfectly fine. Since the install, there is no audio coming out from reason. Is there any reason behind this? I have a Mac OS X 10.5.5.

I can export the song and the audio is fine. Itunes, everything else dealing with audio works except for Reason 3.0. Please help! Thanks in advance.

OP
Z
Reaction score
I recently installed the iTunes 8.0.1 update, Digital Camera Raw Compatibility 2.2 update, and Security Update 1.0. Before then Reason 3.0 worked perfectly fine. Since the install, there is no audio coming out from reason. Is there any reason behind this? I have a Mac OS X 10.5.5.

I can export the song and the audio is fine. Itunes, everything else dealing with audio works except for Reason 3.0. Please help! Thanks in advance.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Merged cross-posted threads.

Reaction score

Have you checked your audio preferences in Reason?

Reaction score
Also check your MIDI settings in the system profiler.. I had this exact problem with Virtual DJ because I didn't rerout it to my USB powered speakers. Are you using built in or external speakers for your audio?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Wow, I'm an idiot. Tweaked, I was about to be like "look at this guy, of course I checked my audio!" When in fact, for some reason, it was disabled. Yeah, NOW it works. I'm an idiot haha. I hate when it's something THAT simple that made me go crazy!

Grryshecjk thank you too. And I'm using built in speakers along with headphones.

Wonder why the audio was selected as "no audio." Thanks again guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.