Which Magazine for a Switcher?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 500GB 4GB RAM
I've been reading PC Mag since it was first published. I'd like to now get a Mac oriented magazine now that I switched to an iMac. I am most interested in how-tos, software reviews, hardware goodies, and such. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I get both MacLife and MacWorld and like them both. I kind of lean towards MacLife.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I personally like MacWorld (Macworld | Apple, Mac, iPod and iPhone News, Reviews, Help and Tips) but there are others which are equally suited to what you're looking for. Most of the magazines have a web site where you can review articles and read the majority of content on line. Scan through them on line and choose which ever one you think best meets your needs before subscribing.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
I get both MacLife and MacWorld and like them both. I kind of lean towards MacLife.

Completely agree. I also lean towards MacLife a bit more because it has tutorials, reviews, and ratings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
I have found an excellent Mac magazine called 'Mac Format.' It is British and very expensive on our newsstands, but subscriptions are less costly. the magazine is full of tutorials and useful topics. The ads all include prices in pounds, but it is over all a better magazine than those published here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
I have found an excellent Mac magazine called 'Mac Format.' It is British and very expensive on our newsstands, but subscriptions are less costly. the magazine is full of tutorials and useful topics. The ads all include prices in pounds, but it is over all a better magazine than those published here.

I 100% agree it is a fantastic magazine for newbies.
Definately look at a subscription as you will save heaps.
Well worth it !
Been a subscriber for 2 years now and have learned heaps from it !

Reaction score
I am a recent switcher and subscribe to MacWorld. I like it so far...worth the money. They have new product reviews, software reviews, nice articles, etc. Since switching to Mac, I am more likely to read everything APPLE, so the ipod, etc. reviews in the mag don't bother me either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.