Help pls for Pages default font

Reaction score
I've been using my Mac mini for 10 days now; I'm on the 30 day free trial of iWork '08. I'm overall pretty pleased with the program, but one thing I haven't been able to figure out is really bugging me.

I'm just trying to compose an article for a newsletter of an organization I belong to, and have been using Pages. When opening Pages it defaults to Times New Roman - I do not like that font at all, and don't want to have to constantly be changing it, but I can't figure out how to make something else the default font.

In addition to being the default, there have been times when I'd be in the middle of typing something in the font I've chosen, and the program will suddenly switch back to Times New Roman. That's really annoying.

Can anyone either point me to a site where there might be more information on this, or just tell me how to change the dang default font?

Thanks for all the good info everyone is willing to share!

Karon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.