What is the chance they'll update the time capsule on tuesday?

Reaction score
hi there, just curious...

What is the chance they'll update the time capsule on tuesday? i'm going to buy one but could definitely wait if there are rumors of some sort of upgrade. ultimately, i would love an apple tv + time capsule, as i find it a pain that there is no streaming from the TC. has anyone heard anything about that? how would you feel if it was released?

lol i realize that asking what will come out next from apple is like taking a shot in the dark, but it's always nice to hear opinions!

thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
I have a 500GB TC, and AppleTV. I'm sure if the streaming option came out it would be a software update, not hardware. The hardware required is already there, HDD + 802.11n. All that would be required is the ability to access the files from one device to another.

I love my TC. I tried it as a router and it didn't work, was dog slow for whatever reason.

I put it on my entertainment center to feed my DVR, XBox360 and SlingBox and it works perfectly, the SlingBox streams perfectly at high resolution, no hiccups.

I use the TC with TimeMachine on both my Intel iMac and my G4 PowerBook with no problems at all. At first I had to wipe out the TC a couple times and start from scratch but it's been doing incremental backups every day for the past two months. No issues (yet) ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.