Everywhere I look I see Macs

C

cadsmn

Maybe it is just me or maybe I am just now noticing this but just about every TV show or movie I see that has a computer in it is a Mac! Now I am relatively new to the Mac world, about 5 months, so maybe this has been going on for a while and I was just too busy trying to keep my PC safe from viruses and removing the same bleeping adware/spyware for the 50th time to notice until now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I would say a majority of movies and television shows that the characters use computers they use apples. I first started noticing it when the clamshell iBooks came out

OP
R

RedRAIDER4life

I think the reason why they use them in the movies is because they are better lookin than dells and such but thats just my opinion.

OP
D

Desolate One

First time I noticed one was on some program that sent the homeowners away whilst the house was destroyed and rebuilt. They did a video chat w/ the folks using PowerBooks and the iSight. However they did have a piece of tape over the apple on the lid.

Ever notice the iBook in those Overstock.com adverts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 (soon)
i have noticed that too. and the funny thing is that i was just aboutto post on this topic.
apple probably has some kind of deal with the shows or something like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
my vote goes to the fact that they are a whole heck of a lot sexier than windows machines

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
If apple had a deal with these shows to use them, then why would they cover the apple logo. seems to me the whle point behind giving these shows an apple comp is to show off their items with the logo. I think its just sexier to have a nice shiny ibook or powerbook sitting there then some other machine.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe that is why Apple make their hardware distantly different, so that it can be identified with or with out the logo.

OP
S

SamR

I've always thought the writers use Macs so when the scene calls for a computer, they just take one of the writers' but who knows. There's some commercial around here but I can't remember what for that uses a 17" PB just to display their logo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think theyre used to add style and class to it all, instead of a gray box. Ive seen almost every movie now has a mac or apple product in it. and almost 90% of all movies, if you watch the credits all the way through htil the logos, theres an apple logo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.