• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Quick Monitor Question for the Intelligent Comp. Users

Reaction score
So I have a LG LCD monitor. Heres My Setup

Macbook<<<<<<<(A) [Monitor Switch Box] (B)>>>>>>>>Compaq Desktop

Obviously the switch box is connected to the monitor. Here's where my problem occurs.

When I run dual screen on my Mac I have no problem what-so-ever. It's works flawlessly.

So Now I flip the switch to the B side for the Windows computer and when I first instaleld the switch box it worked, wasn't as clear as the mac but thats not the point. Now when I boot up the monitor goes into "Analog Power Saving Mode"

This is not a problem with the hardware, it could be a software issue, but I dont know why it would work now all of a sudden stop working. Any ideas on how to fix the problem I believe from all my troubleshooting that it's a settings issue.

This is one more reason why windows sucks. The mac configured this monitor right away and it makes it so easy. Obviously windows would douche on the monitor just to create some more problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.