How to open online file without saving it

Reaction score
hi there,

its really annoying when I I chose "open with" the file instead of "save" it, Mac still save it on my desktop somehow. and another question, when I want to save some file on the internet, with this pop up I cannot select where I want to save it. It always saves to Desktop also.

Can someone help me to solve those 2 problems please. thanks so much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Windows does the same thing when you open a file "instead of" saving it. The only difference is on Windows, it puts it in a "Temporary" folder that you're not supposed to see even though the file is still taking up the hard drive space. Safari lets you pick a default folder to save files to in the preferences. If you want the browser to ask you where you want to save a file every time you save one, use Firefox instead of Safari and set that preference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.