restore default appearance?

Reaction score
Hi,
Someone changed the appearance of my desktop so that all the icons and buttons appear in negative colors. It's really hard to read - how do I change this back to normal? This is the kind of stuff that makes me really frustrated with trying to use Macs, shouldn't this be really simple and easy to fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Keyboard shortcut:

Control+Option+Command+8

Good luck doing the same thing so easily on Windows.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks!

It isn't Windows I'm used to, it's Ubuntu and I guess the problem is that I haven't been able to find any of this stuff out on my own, through the System Preferences or help or anything. I felt like switching operating systems from Windows to Ubuntu was more intuitive (probably because they are more similar), and even when I was having learning curve issues, the forums were a lot more lively and less snippy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
The "long way" to toggle the "white on black" switch is in the Universal Access preferencepane in System Preferences. Typing "white on black" into Spotlight leads you there as the first result. The advantage with ubuntuforums is that pretty much every Ubuntu user that bothers to use forums goes there. There isn't a Mac forum with the same level of acceptance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.