Forgets what keyboard I have every time, on every computer in lab

Reaction score
Hi,
Every time I turn one of the six computers I have on in the lab, I have to re-identify the keyboard that I'm using by pressing 'z', '/', and then choosing US Standard. It's annoying anyway, but it's extra annoying because the lab is for adults learning to read and write, who often have never sat down at a computer, so while I'm trying to tell them how easy computers are and not to feel anxiety, I always have to come around and do this stupid stupid stupid thing!!! They need to be able to turn the computer on and go to the login screen and it needs to be the same every time so they know what to expect!!!!!

PS - These are the keyboards that came with the computers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Am I really the only person in the entire world that has this problem?

Probably not, but if you want help you're going to have to tell us something about what kind of Macs your computer lab has and which operating systems they're running.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.