How to hook up Logitech z-2300 to macbook pro

Reaction score
I just got these speakers in the mail today, and I'm having a little trouble hooking them up. I hooked in the speakers to the sub, and the sub in the power outlet. Then the volume and bass control thing into the back of the sub. Then i tried plugging the volume thing into the headphone jack, but barely any bass comes out of the sub when i play music. So i tried plugging the jack into the other output thing right behind the headphone jack and no music comes out when i play it. So i'm not really sure how to do this. Can anyone help?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Those are just 2.1 Speakers and should work fine. The Jack behind the Speaker Jack is an Line INPUT so nothing will come out of that jack. The way you had it at first is the correct way. Did you turn up the Subwoofer level on the Sub?

Edit: It looks like the Sub volume is on that control Pod.

OP
W
Reaction score
I don't know, but it doesn't seem like theres much bass coming from the sub ... are you sure it's supposed to think headphones are plugged in when i plug it in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
It shouldn't matter what you plug into the headphone jack. I've connected my computer to my TV numerous times and it sounded totally fine. Check on the sub for a way to turn up the bass.

OP
W
Reaction score
ahh , nevermind i think it sounds better now. I'm not sure what was going on before but.. there is a slight buzzing from the whole on the left side of it.. like not to noticable but with some songs you can here it slightly. It sounds like the plastic whole is rattling a little bit. When i put my hand on it, it stops. Any way to fix this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.