Can a PC HDD be reformatted for Mac??

Reaction score
This seems like a pretty good deal for a seagate. Although it specifies that it is formatted for a PC, couldn't I just reformat it for a Mac and then partition it with Disk Utility.

I don't need to worry about having a firewire connection (which adds a substantial amount of money to the price) because I plan on using the USB to attach it to my Airport Extreme and use it for wireless Time Machine backups in one partition and Aperture Vault backups in the other partition.

Also, if my searches are correct, Seagate or WD seem to have the most support overall as respectable drives, right (I realize it's a loaded question of sorts)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Although it specifies that it is formatted for a PC, couldn't I just reformat it for a Mac and then partition it with Disk Utility

Yes that's pretty much it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.