Portable Iomega Harddrive Keeps Opening iPhoto

Reaction score
For about six months now I've been using two external harddrives with my iBook, one for when it's parked at my desk and attached to display monitor, and the other for portable use (which usually means the couch).

The portable drive gives me problems the other one doesn't. The biggest frustration I have with it is that everytime I open it, it starts opening up iPhoto. I have to do a Force-Quit everytime that happens just so I don't have to wait for iPhoto to get booted up. It's not the end of the world, but it adds a little frustration which is what I try to avoid by using a Mac.

It also, occassionally, jams up the finder when I click on it. It hasn't happen most of the time but when it does happen it's very frustrating. I find that the only way for me to unjam the finder is to just pull the firewire cord out of the computer. It's not caused major issues for me, but it is a pain when it happens.

I never have either of these issues with my other harddrive. and they both have identical files stored on them (the other one actually has many more files and is even more reliable).

First, I'd just like to know if anyone has noticed the same thing and if anyone knows of a way around it or to get iPhoto to ignore it or anything of that sort.

Second, I'd recommend against this product for Mac users. I've had good luck with Iomega products in the past (which is why I chose this product), not so with this one.

This is the product:http://store.iomega.com/section?SID=793c440ebd31207e14a0f7f1dd6f6005692:4760&secid=39516

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.