G5 Playing up

Reaction score
Hello all.
I am in need of advice please.
3 week ago I turned my g5 tower on and the mac didn't load up. My display came on and the round loading symbol just kept going round instead of of taking me to my desktop. As well as this the fans started and got louder by second, until they were going full speed.This happened for a few minutes until I pressed the restart switch and then it booted up fine.
Today the same thing happened again, it was after I put it to sleep. I tried to wake it by pressing some keys and this time the display remained on sleep and the fans started again like I mentioned before. After 2 minutes I had to press the restart switch. After that it loaded up fine. Does anyone know why this is happening? Any advice would be appreciated

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what OS version is it running

Do you run any maintenance apps like MainMenu or Onyx

OP
B
Reaction score
g5

I have just installed Leopard. I bought the machine 2 month ago, it cam ewith Tiger.Never had a problem with my old g4. This one is a the dual 1.8ghz. About 4 years old i think. 150gb HD and 1GB of memory. All I run is cs3.

Cheers

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Surely will. Do a Google and download Onyx for maintaining scripts, emptying caches etc etc. Also Repair Permissions from time to time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.