• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Mpeg, Mpg, avi, wmv, mov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Ok so my issue is I am trying to create a dvd for a friend, she is really into music, and music videos, and I want to make a dvd for her, my problem is I can't put any of the files into iDVD or Final Cut because of their file format. I need to know if any body out there knows any thing about converting file formats to formats that will be compatible with Final Cut, and iDVD will just be a plus but i deffinatly need to get them into Final Cut. So any body Please Help!!! :teen:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I know, ask away. what format to what format?

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Probually, any of the above formats from my previous post, to .Mov. I am not going for perfect qaulity just be able to use them in FCP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you can use divx doctor 2 to convert avi to .mov, or use forty two dvdvx plus to convert wmv to .avi, then use the above app to convert to .mov.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thankyou will find those programs and buy them to make the converstions

B

big.al

Macman said:
you can use divx doctor 2 to convert avi to .mov, or use forty two dvdvx plus to convert wmv to .avi, then use the above app to convert to .mov.

Thanks for the info guys!

I downloaded both and for some reason "forty two dvdvx plus" opens the WMV file, but I can't do anything with it... view & start are both greyed out.

I've read what there is to the manual. Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to do?

Is the demo disabled so you can't do anything? Even thier FAQ says nothing about if the demo is disabled or if it's a fully functioning demo.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
meatychi said:
So are there any other programs?
is there something specific you are trying to do?

Reaction score
To use is Final cut Express

hi, im also having problem converting video files...i made a movie with my digi cam and it records in MPEG format...and to use in Final cut express it needs to be in dv, hdv or avchd format...what should i do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Search "Video Converter for Mac"

yes, that's the actual name of the program. It has about 50 different combinations for file converts. The only problem is, the trial version only lets you convert videos that are under 5 minutes, or else it will split them up.

Reaction score
There are several ways to go...
Divx Doctor has been mentioned.
EasyWMV will convert .wmv to .mov
ffmpegx will do most anything, including .rm with the right codecs.
There's also Perian and flip4mac with Quicktime Pro.
Isquint, MpegStreamclip,Compression Master, and on and on...
Most if not all can be found at MacUpdate.com

DaZ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, iphone 3G, & Classic ipod
I like iskysoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.