• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Tiger on tuesday? lol

J

JRJ26

I found a site called Macshrine, another rumor site I guess, and this is what it said:

"Reports state that Apple is set to release Mac OS 10.4 at Macworld. Apple started pressing the boxes around November and have finally shipped them to Apple Stores. iLife '05 is said to require Tiger due to Core Image and Core Video being used in iMovie, iDVD and iPhoto. iTunes will get a slight update for framework reasons to keep up with the new iApps. Let's hope this is real!"
http://www.macshrine.com/news.php?newsid=501

Could this be possible? Of course I'd like this to be true, but what is the likelihood that we'd see Tiger released on Tuesday at the Keynote? Also, how long is it usually b/w the announcement and when the OS is actually available?

I hope it's not the same day at 8pm, b/c I'm going back to college that day, and I won't be running to the Apple store after 5 hours on a bus,lol. Or maybe i will be...lol. Anyway, I don't think this rumor could be true, though I'd like it to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I doubt it...They would want to give customers time to preorder and to think about getting it before just throwing it out.

OP
M

meltbanana314

There are a ton of conflicting reports - some say this month, some say March, some say as far ahead as June or July. Apple (or *cough* IBM *cough*) already missed the deadline for bringing a 3GHz G5 to the masses, so something tells me that they're going to be late on this as well. =(

OP
J

JRJ26

i hope not. I also checked the archives, and when it was announced, there were about 3 weeks b/w the announcement and actual release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Most likely date is March 31st...Tiger was accidentaly put up for preorder on Amazon with a release date of 3/31/05. They have been getting a lot of heat for having OS releases so frequent so I doubt they would be pushing up the release date

OP
J

JRJ26

yeah.

Btw, trpnmonkey, are you from Long Island? I was looking at the old posts from the Panther release, and you said something like how the pics of the apple store looked like they were from Roosevelt Field. I LIVE at that apple store when I'm home from college!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep I am from long island. I love the apple store. I definitely missed it being up at college this first semester

OP
J

JRJ26

cool! I was there yesterday, and it was, oddly, really packed. Thankfully, there's an Apple store near my college, so i just hop on the metro and go 1-2 stops.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The closest apple store to my college that I know of is 4 hours away, and it happens to be Roosevelt Field. Yea the mall has been extremely packed this weekend. I had to go to a ski store on Willis Ave today to pick up something and wanted to go to the mall afterwards...Glen Cove Rd, Jericho Tpke, Old Country Road were all jam packed all day so I got lucky that the Northern State and Meadowbrook weren't bad at all

OP
J

JRJ26

yeah i know, it was insane around that area. It's cool that another Mac fanatic is in the area,lol.

I've been reading so much about Night of the Panther and everything else associated with the release, hyping myself up for Tiger(when it hasn't even been announced,lol) that I think i'll go insane that day. If only I switched a year and some earlier(though I've loved Apple since elementary school. My parents didn't like them though, so they didn't buy any,sigh. They're now learning,lol.). I only hope it's not a Tuesday or Thursday, b/c I have orchestra at 8pm those days, and if they do another 8pm release on those days, i'll go INSANE. lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
theyll probably go through all the new features of 10.4 and at best announce the availability date

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
They won't be releasing it at macworld because it would get lost in all the other release hype...

They'll throw us some crumbs and then unveil Tiger properly in march where all coverage will be focused exclusively on Tiger... not on the iPod Flash, headless mac etc...

OP
M

Maxp0wer2004

Tuesday has come and almost gone... no Mac OS 10.4. There is iLife '05, but it still runs on OS 10.3. I found this quote on Apple.com/macosx/

"Take a tour of Tiger, the upcoming edition of the world’s most advanced operating system. Arriving the first half of 2005, Tiger boasts features that change how you work, play, search and share on a Mac."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I still say June....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.