Color Space Aware Photo Viewer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
For a long time now, I have been using Xee as my basic image viewer. I like it better than Preview because it allows you to open any arbitrary image in a folder of images and then go backwards or forwards through the images in the folder without having to have previously selected the images of interest, as most other Mac image viewers do (such as Preview).

However, Xee has one serious flaw. It is not color space aware. If the image has an embedded color profile, such as sRGB or Adobe RGB, Xee ignores this and thus displays the colors wrong.

Is anyone aware of an image viewer that is (a) color space aware and (b) allows for arbitrary navigation through an image of folders?

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Well, I have been hunting and I have found JustLooking 3.2. It is color space aware and allows for arbitrary navigation within a folder of images.

The only drawback I have seen so far is that it does not appear to be possible to set a fixed zoom level for the images you are viewing. If you set 100% as your zoom level and the image is too large to fit on your screen it will scale it down to fit. You can manually force it back to 100%, but it will again zoom to fit if the next image is too large. There may be a way to overcome this, but I haven't found it yet.

JustViewing has a nice fluid transition effect as you move from one image to another which makes it quite pleasing to use. I will keep playing with this for a while.

If anyone knows of any others, please post back!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.