Installing a new bluetooth stack in Windows XP (Boot Camp)

Reaction score
I recently purchased a bluetooth headset for use with online games in Windows XP running on my Mac via Boot Camp.

However, the thing refuses to work properly, whereas my bluetooth keyboard and mouse work fine.

After some research, I found a site suggesting that I install a different bluetooth stack such as WIDCOMM rather than the apparently sucky default Microsoft stack that only works for basic devices (such as keyboards and mice).

I attempted to download the latest WIDCOMM stack from Broadcom's website, but when I tried to install it it said it could not find any bluetooth devices (even though my built-in one is working fine and running my mouse and keyboard.)

I searched long and hard for a solution to this problem and turned up nothing, and so I have decided to ask for help. Does anyone know how to get around this problem?

EDIT: Oh yes, I should mention that the headset works fine in Mac OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
a apple series training book i'm reading on it says...

boot camp requires directly connected devices. the windows install process does not support bluetooth wireless input devices. (but you say your mouse and keyboard work. odd).

does not say anything about headsets.

OP
C
Reaction score
a apple series training book i'm reading on it says...

boot camp requires directly connected devices. the windows install process does not support bluetooth wireless input devices. (but you say your mouse and keyboard work. odd).

does not say anything about headsets.

Key word: the windows install process. I installed Windows on this computer a year ago.

I appreciate the effort, but that didn't really answer my question.

OP
C
Reaction score
I got this working. There's some weird stuff you have to do to trick the stack into recognizing the bluetooth device.

Reaction score
Conveyer Belt, what weird stuff did you have to do to trick the stack into recognizing the device? I am experiencing the same problem with being unable to use my headset in Windows XP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.