VMWare Fusion Keyboard Problem

Reaction score
I'm trying to install Windows XP Professional using VMWare Fusion on a Mac (OSX Tiger). I've gotten up to the point where XP asks me to enter my product key only to discover that the keyboard is not responding.

Since it was a bluetooth keyboard, I tried switching to a USB keyboard (even though the bluetooth mouse was working). Both keyboards worked in OSX when I tried typing there.

Most of the solutions I've come across while searching involved some application causing interfearance, however I have no other applications running (I checked Activity Monitor). I've also tried restarting the mac and VMWare multiple times.

Any suggestions?
Is it possible that upgrading to Leopard will solve this?

Reaction score
There are a lot of other good reasons to upgrade to Leopard, this may just be one more. Fusion requires 10.4.9 or later - assuming you have that, you might also try Fusion 2.0 (just released) rather than 1.1.3. If neither of those work on either a USB or Bluetooth keyboard, then I would try Leopard.

Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.