XP Pro SP3 - Black boot screen

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new here at the forum and I hope I just placed this thread under the right heading
Anyway, my MacBook has a little problem. I was working in Windows XP (worked perfectly for the last few months) a few days ago, when it hanged. I switched off my MacBook by pressing the on/off button for a few seconds. When I tried to restart XP again it just gave me a blank screen after initial startup (Like 3 seconds after clicking Windows XP Partition). Does anyone have a clue about how to start Windows XP again?

Thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like it may be a damaged or corrupt Windows boot sector. What you can do is use your original Windows install CD to do a repair. Follow these instructions carefully (you do not want to accidently overwrite OS X):

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Again, use caution - make sure you're repairing Windows, not OS X. I suggest making a backup of your OS X installation prior to doing anything.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.