On or Off????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
I know this question has been asked million of times but I have never asked a Mac User. Which is better to do leave the computer on or off. I understand that there is really no wrong or right answer. I just like to get some feedback from the Mac professionals on what they do....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I dont shut down often, I mostly sleep it, and only restart after updates , software installations, or repairing permissions. I try to shut down for at least a few hours once a week or so.

Reaction score
New2Macs said:
I know this question has been asked million of times but I have never asked a Mac User. Which is better to do leave the computer on or off. I understand that there is really no wrong or right answer. I just like to get some feedback from the Mac professionals on what they do....

Ditto, i'm with MacMan, use the sleep mode every night or anytime i am going to be away for more than a few hours. If i were going to be away for a couple of days, then shut it down, but other wise just sleep it.

P

Prometheus

I'm with the other two, I just sleep mine, and shutdown if its not gonna be used for a few days.

L

LGRDude

Sleep & Pwr Adapter

I leave the pwr adapter attached during extended sleep periods...does this affect the life of the battery? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I made a thread about this a while ago, popular consensus is to make the Mac go to sleep rather than turn it off or leave it on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.