I want to be a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
im not a Mac owner of any kind (yet) i don't have a Mac book or any product that starts with an "i" but one of brothers gave me a quick tour about the Mac os x and Mac book and i can't stop thinkin how stupid i was all those years using some hole filled os with bug infested softwares .. anyhow .. i have a Toshiba laptop and i was wondering if i can make the Mac os x my main os in it, so if you guys can help me i would appreciate it.

thanks.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
No.

You can't.

Legally, anyway.

There are "Clone" computers, but you need to have a Mac to run OS X.

OP
the True
Reaction score
then i guess i'll have to do with what i have for now.

and if it's not a bother, i'd like to have your advice about which Mac book i should go for .. im a gamer/photoshop user (not a pro)/multimedia user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
How much of a gamer and what kind of games? The MacBook Pro would be more what you're looking for for anything graphics intense really, it has a dedicated graphics card which the MacBook is lacking.

OP
the True
Reaction score
mostly games like Battlefield and Bioshock .. FPSs in general, and i just checked out the MacBook Pro and it's one **** of a gadget but the price is high (not saying that it's not worth it cos it is).

if i wanted to get it, where is the best place to get it from?

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
It is possible to install OS X on a non apple machine, and the legality *may* be that you must own a legitimate copy of the os - one that you have purchased specifically for this install. Having said that, I don't know how successful the end result would be... I remember watching a video on CNET where they provided the instructions. If you look around their site you should be able to find the video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
It is possible to install OS X on a non apple machine, and the legality *may* be that you must own a legitimate copy of the os - one that you have purchased specifically for this install. Having said that, I don't know how successful the end result would be... I remember watching a video on CNET where they provided the instructions. If you look around their site you should be able to find the video.

No. The legality is that installing it on a non-Apple machine breaches the EULA, whether you bought a licensed copy or not.

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
Thank you. I stand corrected.

OP
the True
Reaction score
i did find some hacked versions of Mac os x that will allow me to do so but i don't want to go through that road .. i thought maybe there's a way to do it without hackin anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
If you would end up going for desktop I would recommend the iMac. Even though it may seem like it costs a lot, it's worth it completely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Of course it is illegal, but it's not like Apple is going to catch you roflmao. So just install it if you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I still wouldn't recommend it. I went down the same road once and ended up having to buy a new computer.

OP
the True
Reaction score
that's what im afraid of .. i don't want to mess up my laptop and make it even worse than it is now (knowing that when it comes to programing and software thingys im like Michael Jordon in a Formula1 car .. i'll make a nasty crash)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's against the law and the EULA to install OSX on a Non Mac computer. We here at Mac Forums totally go along with the Laws of this country and also honor Apples EULA. We do not allow the discussion of OSX on Non Apple hardware nor Pirated or Hacked versions of OSX either. Sorry!

Get a Mac and run OSX all you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.