Having trouble with Parallels shared folders.

Reaction score
Ok so i installed parallels on on my macbook and i'm using vista. the parallels shared folders won't show up on vista desktop. does anyone know how i can fix this i really need it? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
How come? The shared folders should automatically appear. If they aren't on the Desktop, then you can find them in 'My Comptuer', if not, then there's definitely something wrong you did. By the way, when I used Parallels, I installed Windows XP not Vista; doubt it makes any difference though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
if not, then there's definitely something wrong you did./QUOTE]

Harsh. Poor guy!

I've never used Vista - on my Fusion XP and 98 installations the share folder shows in up My Computer with the other drives - is this the same for Vista usually?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I only used Windows XP on parallels and everything was fine. Maybe it's a problem with Vista? Parallels sucks anyway, so don't bother and just use Boot camp, the 2 minutes it will take you to restart your computer so you can use Windows won't hurt you, at least you'll experience the full hardware support :].

OP
U
Reaction score
ok well with boot camp how do i move stuff on to vista from my mac? like a game or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can download a program like this one HERE, install it, and then you will be able to both read and write to the windows partition :]. Of course all that will be done on Macintosh OS X lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.