Whats the password?

Reaction score
I have just installed Windows XP and completed the setup and now when i boot it the login screen appears with my account but it asks for my password for the account to log in.

At no point in the installation did i set a password so i was wondering if there was a default one that was set.

I have tried entering nothing, "admin", "password", "windows", "microsoft"
but none of it works. :(

Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I don't think there's a default... that's weird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
did you enter username during the setup? or an administrator password?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Actually... Windows XP doesn't ask you for a password during the install process (except for the administrator account, which you wouldn't/shouldn't be using). So... you don't have one. Select your account and just hit the log in button.

EDIT: Doh! I just realized you said you entered nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Just delete the Windows volume, then use Boot camp to reinstall Windows. Make sure you don't set any passwords during the installation, that's weird since it never happened to me before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
you don't have a 'customised' version of the xp disc do you? One that someone may have tailored to have a pre-defined user etc?

OP
S
Reaction score
Just reinstalled it and it worked. Dunno what happened the first time.

OK i have a noob question now but i haven't used a PC in a long time?
How do i set up my router in XP and connect to my router from my Macbook running XP?

Im used to it just being automatic with macs. **** you Microsoft!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
er.... it's just as 'automatic' with XP to be honest.

Instead of using the Airport icon to connect to your wireless network use the wireless network icon in the XP system tray (next to the clock).

You'll need to have installed the bootcamp drivers before all your Macs hardware (including wifi) is available to you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.