What is the big deal people!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.4ghz, RAM 1GB
Ok I just purchased my first imac from long use of pc...same old story. I did about 1 month of research before I made my purchase. I couldnt be happier with my purchase. One thing that is really odd is all the complaints from people that are complaining about the imac's "glossy" screen!!! What is the big deal people!!!!....Time and again I have read the same complaint...I can see my reflection in the screen when it is dark"...ok well if it is dark you arent doing anything that important!.... or if you are doing something ...watching a movie or something similiar...adjust your lighting in your room...same as if you were watching tv!!! I dont understand how people can complain about almost everything...including me complaining about people complaining! haha

Anyways...I am completely satisfied with my mac....much better than my old PC's. Still getting used to somethings...but all in good time. Next task is transferring my itunes...ive read some pretty informative threads on here on how to do that...so thanks!
:Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Haha yea. The glossy screen doesn't bother me that much too. Glad to hear its working out well for you ;)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I like seeing my own reflection when I work? >_>"

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i believe you may have violated an obscure forum rule that forbids the amount of exclamation points you have used there my friend.

;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
I like the glossy screen, looks fine to me too :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
My MacBook has a glossy screen and it's never been a problem - even outdoors in the sun. I can't figure out what everyone's complaining about!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
My MacBook has a glossy screen and it's never been a problem - even outdoors in the sun. I can't figure out what everyone's complaining about!
I just generally dislike glossy screens. I do realize that it's a personal foible though ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
I don't even notice it on my 20 inch iMac because I don't go looking for anything. When working on the computer I don't even notice the gloss.

Reaction score
I hate screens that aren't glossy. The screen on my dell wasn't and it looked terrible. Nothing had any life or depth to it.

Stupid dell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac Intel 2.16GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB, 128MB graphic card / Black Macbook 2.4GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB HD
Well I have an Imac with the Matte Screen and it's just wonderfull, but When I bought my Macbook I wish I had the option to have it with a Matte screen but after a while I got use to it again. and now it doesn't bother me as much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 160G
The whole thing about matte vs. glossy is a personal thing.

I haven't really seen the posts where people complained about the glossy screen, though, so I can't comment on that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
It is personal, unless you work with photography or graphic design. Colors render more accurately on a matte screen. Glossy screens tend to over emphasize deep and rich colors. Sure it makes images POP, and that's lovely... But if it's accuracy you need for work, a glossy screen is not the way to go.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It is personal, unless you work with photography or graphic design. Colors render more accurately on a matte screen. Glossy screens tend to over emphasize deep and rich colors. Sure it makes images POP, and that's lovely... But if it's accuracy you need for work, a glossy screen is not the way to go.

Aww you beat me to it...>_<" it usually the Graphic Designers that are really picky when it comes to monitors, well photographers too.

Reaction score
Ok I just purchased my first imac from long use of pc...same old story. I did about 1 month of research before I made my purchase. I couldnt be happier with my purchase. One thing that is really odd is all the complaints from people that are complaining about the imac's "glossy" screen!!! What is the big deal people!!!!....Time and again I have read the same complaint...I can see my reflection in the screen when it is dark"...ok well if it is dark you arent doing anything that important!.... or if you are doing something ...watching a movie or something similiar...adjust your lighting in your room...same as if you were watching tv!!! I dont understand how people can complain about almost everything...including me complaining about people complaining! haha

Anyways...I am completely satisfied with my mac....much better than my old PC's. Still getting used to somethings...but all in good time. Next task is transferring my itunes...ive read some pretty informative threads on here on how to do that...so thanks!
:Blushing:

I'm w/ you. I do a lot of photo editing and I really love this iMac monitor! Much better lifelikeness and detail than my previous Viewsonic 22" which I really liked. Couldn't be happier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.