Why I switched from PCs

J

Joel

I've worked with PCs in job places for a long time, and have owned four PCs (a couple of which I did - out of necessity - serious upgrade work on).

I have rarely seen a PC work well, even with simple Office-program use, for a year. Meaning most of them require de-hassling after a few days, weeks, or months. These early problems are usually on the software side.

In my experience, any PC more than about four years old develops serious problems -- usually both on the software and hardware sides.

Upgrades and software patches are pretty well required.

There are so many makes and models of PCs on the market that much of the competition is over price, which results in the incorporation of a lot of cheap, shoddy components. So they burn out.

And all this is BESIDES the virus-related problems.

Just had to say it...

Joel

OP
G

General_K

Joel said:
I've worked with PCs in job places for a long time, and have owned four PCs (a couple of which I did - out of necessity - serious upgrade work on).

I have rarely seen a PC work well, even with simple Office-program use, for a year. Meaning most of them require de-hassling after a few days, weeks, or months. These early problems are usually on the software side.

In my experience, any PC more than about four years old develops serious problems -- usually both on the software and hardware sides.

Upgrades and software patches are pretty well required.

There are so many makes and models of PCs on the market that much of the competition is over price, which results in the incorporation of a lot of cheap, shoddy components. So they burn out.

And all this is BESIDES the virus-related problems.

Just had to say it...

Joel

You're preaching to the choir here, Joel!

Hehe...I like your use of the term "de-hassling." ;)

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.