• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Lisa - How to get a hold of one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Hi,

My Uncle is a major Mac collector. And has mostly every mac that exists till the intel switch. A whole garage full of them. But no Lisa. Would anyone here know where one could pick up one of these?

I know I'd probably have to cough up a lot of cash for one. But I want to get that for him as a xmas present. Is this even possible? Or are the last remaining few in the hands of collectors who would never sell?

He's also after a:

20th Anniversary Mac or a G4 cube. If they are easier to get for a good price I might just give him one of those. The catch is getting one. And I'm in Australia if that matters any.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Here in Australia they are like rocking horse droppings - very rare. Have seen only one advertised on auction sites in the past two years. Also suggest you log onto Mactalk, join up and post in the 'Wanted to Buy' columns, and also WTB on eBay.

From memory, which is getting old and frail, they came with power for country of sale only and not like modern machine which have switching options for 110v, 240 v etc.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Thank you both for this info. Ah the power required doesn't bother me all that much. I can always get a voltage converter for the thing.

To louishen: I just might bid on that. Cause I think my Uncle could easily get a keyboard that would fit it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, Time Capsule...
I know a landfill in Utah that has a bunch. ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.