in the need of hlpe //version 2

• Thread starter xthisisRomancex
  • Start date
X

xthisisRomancex

in the need of help //version 2

ok so i have been doing alot of editing with garage band i have amused my friends and sold a Cd or 2 from some stiff i had composed on GB so I turn my ibook on and then i go to click on garage band and it appears in my dock and then it dissaperas . any help here

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

still not working ahh ,......the problem occured when some how my battery became lose and fill out while in my bad. i was asleep..garage band was open as well. i do belive

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

i reapared the permssions earlier./ no luck. I went into the folder and pulled all my files i needed into my ipod so im gonna delete Garage band and then pop OS X install disk one and re install it ..or should i try something prior to this

OP
D

Desolate One

You could possible "zap the pram" I believe they call it.

Courtesy of Macman:

shut down your mac, and start it up holding down command+option+P+R, after it 'chimes' twice, release the keys and let it continue to start up.

That should clear your pram. Give that a go and repair permissions. Let us know how it pans out.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

zapped the pram repaired perm. reinmstalled garge band ....nothing what is next

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

ok i called apple lol.
apple tech support guy: so im gonna email you an article from our support base and can you give me you email adress
me: yea sure [email protected]
him: so that is [email protected]
me: no sir [email protected]
him: ok so i will send it to [email protected]
me: her this might be easier [email protected]
him: ok that [email protected]
me: *chuckle* no sir bravenewworld777.com
him: [email protected]
me: [email protected]
him: so the new and world share W's
me: no sir
him: ok that the [email protected]
me: you gotta their bud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
OP
X

xthisisRomancex

lol well if it happens again iw ill tell you. something was corrupt im not sure what tho. casue i done an archive and installed OS X and it still didnt work so I just wiped it and reinstaled os x and it worked so w/e

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

the only thing know is i backed up my songs i created in garage band and they wont load like the scrool bar come across teh sceen ahh lol w/e

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Desolate One said:
Have you tried to repair permissions yet?
repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.