custom mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4 / 1,42Ghz / 1GB / 100Gb / Superdrive / 10.4.11
do you know where parts can be found to build a custom mac from the ground up? ex motherboard, video card etc :teen:

OP
snikro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4 / 1,42Ghz / 1GB / 100Gb / Superdrive / 10.4.11
really? that's too bad. bc i was going to build a custom pc as my new computer, but i wanted a mac so i thought it would be a good idea.

D

Desolate One

Indeed. If you want to build your own computer I'm afraid you'll have to build a PC. I mean I still enjoy building PCs, but I enjoy using my Mac more. ;)

X

xthisisRomancex

so you spend 1000+ on building your new pc in two .years or less i will go x-treme and call it obsolete. spend a lil more and get an iMac and well if you want to be the coooool kid get a gual g5 power mac

D

Desolate One

xthisisRomancex said:
so you spend 1000+ on building your new pc in two .years or less i will go x-treme and call it obsolete. spend a lil more and get an iMac and well if you want to be the coooool kid get a gual g5 power mac

Not true. I built my last PC a couple years ago for under $600 and it's still running as fast as anything (PC-wise) you can buy today. You just have to know how to piece a system together and maintain. :ninja:

Reaction score
Desolate One said:
Not true. I built my last PC a couple years ago for under $600 and it's still running as fast as anything (PC-wise) you can buy today. You just have to know how to piece a system together and maintain. :ninja:

Same here, I built my PC system around 18 months ago, I have absolutely no motivation to upgrade right now.

X

xthisisRomancex

lol i knew it.. i builkt my bro pc about a year ago i understand that i was exadruating lol i said it in my post. but come on would you rather have your pc or a powermac

Reaction score
xthisisRomancex said:
lol i knew it.. i builkt my bro pc about a year ago i understand that i was exadruating lol i said it in my post. but come on would you rather have your pc or a powermac

What does exadruating mean?

A bottom of the line Powermac costs double what my PC cost, so yeah, given the choice, I would gladly trade it straight up for a new Powermac, it better have a 9800 Pro(at least) though....

This is all really irrelevant to the question of whether or not you can buy Macintosh components and built your own.

D

Desolate One

mynameis hit the nail on the head, a lot of the time it comes down cost. Granted I wont be piecing another PC together anymore but I still enjoy doing so; for friends & family and I may even upgrade my current PC system just for kicks. But as mynameis also stated, I too would also trade up for a PM system, no doubt about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.